PT Library Associate
We are seeking an enthusiastic, forward-thinking, customer-service oriented individual to join our staff and help us create a memorable and rewarding experience for all who use the library and its services. If you have the ability to ascertain the needs of others, are willing to go the extra mile in responding to those needs and derive a sense of satisfaction in doing so, this may be the job for you!
The Adult Services Library Associate will interact extensively with customers providing assistance and guidance in response to their information needs. Typical responsibilities will include:
- Searching the library catalog, locating library materials, accessing databases and other reference sources
- Providing reading suggestions using internal and external resources, answering questions about library programs and services, resolving problems, answering routine telephone calls
- Responding to computer-related questions, assisting with downloadable media content and the retrieval, printing, and saving of files
- Using computers, scanners, copiers and microfilm equipment
- Assist with programming and events. The events will range from film screenings to author appearances and includes working with several key community partners
Candidates with bilingual Spanish language skills highly preferred.
To view the primary responsibilities and required qualifications of this part time position or to apply, please click on the following link:
Application deadline: October 13, 2017
Contribute your time and talents at the library. Volunteering can be a satisfying way to invest your time and energy and use your special skills.
Princeton Public Library is fortunate to have more than 300 dedicated adult volunteers who contribute their time, talent and energy to the library for a variety of long-term and short-term tasks. During the summer, many teen volunteers help the Youth Services staff with our Summer Reading Programs, library events and other project-based tasks.
We appreciate your interest in exploring volunteer opportunities at the Princeton Public Library. The following volunteer opportunity is available:
Check the Volunteer link at a later date for additional volunteer opportunities that may become available. If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.
We have several opportunities for teen engagement. Please see the Teen Volunteering page for more information.