- Find It
- Get to Know Us
The new and improved eLibraryNJ
If you haven’t recently had a chance to visit our downloadable eBook and audiobook website, eLibrarynj.com, you might not be aware of the many improvements implemented last week. ELibraryNJ has been completely redesigned to be more user-friendly in order to make the downloading process more accessible to all patrons, not just the tech savvy ones. Narrowing down your search results is now a much easier feat enabling you to find the perfect book.
The greatest improvement to eLibraryNJ has been the addition of their new HTML5-powered, eBook-reading technology called OverDrive Read. OverDrive Read lets users enjoy EPUB eBook titles on any device with a modern web browser, which means downloading your next eBook has become even easier to access. If you have not had a chance to try this new technology
, I have listed a few pointers below courtesy of overdriveblogs.com.
- With OverDrive Read, you don’t need to worry about Adobe IDs or Adobe Digital Editions. There’s no software to download or apps to install. Just “See Book—Read Book” in your browser.
- You can sync to “furthest page read” between devices. You can start reading in Chrome on your desktop computer, pick up where you left off in Safari on your iPad, and then again in your Android phone’s default browser. Just navigate to your Bookshelf on your library’s website to resume where you left off.
- You can customize the font, font size, justification, line spacing, even the theme.
- Use bookmarks or the unique “thumb placeholder” feature to save your place.
- Looking for a specific passage? With full-book searchability, you’ll have no trouble locating that elusive quote.
- For assistance getting started with OverDrive Read, check out this Help article.
- We recommend using HTML5 browsers such as Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 10, and Safari. These browsers are best for use with Cascading Style Sheets (CSS).
- If you’re using older versions of Internet Explorer, you may be prompted to install the ‘Chrome Frame plug-in’ when you click on an eBook to read for the first time. The plug-in is free, and only takes moments to install.
- You can even use OverDrive Read on your TV. Check out this demo video of OverDrive CEO Steve Potash using OverDrive Read on his TV.
So, next time you wish you had a good book to read and can’t seem to make it to the library, just take a stab at downloading an eBook or audiobook from eLibrarynj.com. You might just be surprised at how easy it is to find your next page turner.
Photo courtesy of Flickr user pamlau.com
Submitted by KCaldwell on January 31, 2013 - 7:00am