- Find It
- Get to Know Us
Be part of the community's living room.
Work at the award-winning Princeton Public Library!
Part-Time Library Associate
We are seeking an enthusiastic, forward thinking, customer-service oriented individual to join our staff and help us create a memorable and rewarding experience for all who use the library and its services. If you have the ability to ascertain the needs of others, are willing to go the extra mile in responding to those needs and derive a sense of satisfaction in doing so, this may be the job for you!
Patient - kind - respectful - resourceful - self-starter - creative problem solver - technically adept - flexible - adaptable , are all qualities that describe the ideal candidate for this position.
The Library Associate will interact extensively with customers providing assistance and guidance in response to their information needs. Typical responsibilities will include:
- Searching the library catalog, locating library materials, accessing databases and other reference sources
- Providing reading suggestions using internal and external resources, answering questions about library programs and services, resolving problems, answering routine telephone calls
- Responding to computer-related questions, assisting with downloadable media content and the retrieval, printing and saving of files
- Using computers, scanners, copiers and microfilm equipment
- Assist with programming and events. The events will range from film screenings to author appearances and includes working with several key community partners
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements:
Superior customer service skills, ability to communicate effectively and convey a high degree of professionalism when interacting with others, knowledge of current publishing trends for fiction and non-fiction titles, proficiency in accessing and using Internet Explorer, Microsoft Office , Outlook and Web 2.0 applications and ability to troubleshoot basic technical problems. MAC experience and bilingual Spanish language skills would be helpful.
Education: Associates degree required, Bachelors Degree preferred
Experience: Customer service experience required, merchandising experience and knowledge of library services is helpful
Schedule and Compensation: Flexible schedule including one/two weekday evening shift, one Friday evening shift, and a minimum of 1 to 2 weekends (both Saturday and Sunday) per month.
Starting at $15 per hour
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter please tell us about your experience working in a team setting, your customer service philosophy and why you believe you are a good match for this position. Specify “PT Library Associate” in the subject line of your email. Application Deadline: May 6, 2014